January 28, 2010

Camille Miceli

"Camille Miceli is one of those Parisian girls who gets it right every time with seemingly zero effort or contrivance." - Meenal Mistry, Vogue

"Camille, c’est LA fashionista par excellence." - Elle France

"Arguably one of the best-dressed women in Paris" - J.J. Martin, Harper's Bazaar


Camilie Miceli is one of THE fashion muses, along with Amanda Harlech (Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano), Isabella Blow (Alexander McQueen), and Carine Roitfeld (Tom Ford). Lured away from the head PR spot at Chanel by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton in 1997, she was Marc's confidante and best friend in Paris.

“Camille is exuberant, vivacious, and sexy. When we first met, her energy and enthusiasm won my heart. She and her family have brought me up in Paris. Personally and professionally, Camille is a big part of my life.” - Marc Jacobs

But after two years, she realized "I don't have the character for PR at all because "I have this Italian side, [which makes me] too frank. If I can't stand someone, I will tell him, 'I cannot stand you!'" So she told Marc she wanted a new role. "I told Marc I wanted to remain creatively involved in the shows but leave the rest of it behind. He said, ‘Of course, but what are we going to call you?’ And then he said, ‘I know what, we’ll call you my muse. Karl has one, Galliano has one. Why not?’” Thus, launching Camille's new career as artistic advisor for Louis Vuitton.

Nameplate necklaces and candy-colored charm bracelets aside, Camille proved her starpower when she codesigned Blason, a fine jewelry collection, with hiphop star and producing Pharrell Williams. Time and again, she made Louis Vuitton fresh and relevant to tastemakers.

In October 2009, she moved to Christian Dior as Artistic Director of costume jewelry and most leather goods. Dior President and CEO Sidney Toledano lauded Camille's influence, noting it will “accelerate development of the house’s accessories.”

Camille has no formal training in design, but her upbringing was abound with artistic influences. Her father was an art book publisher and Karl Lagerfeld was her mom's good friend. She describes herself "hippie et nature," and decorates her home with themes such as "catastrophisme.” Chaos provides inspiration for her eccentric and erratic designs. It is also how she lives: a tour de force, bursting of energy. You can just imagine her throaty laugh: full and loud. Camelle's creations are a celebration of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment